Friday, August 06, 2004

Sorrow is the Key that Gets our tears out of Eyejail...

Augie March - Songs in the Key of Chance - Augie March are a new Australian band, whose second album, and American debut, is due out on SpinArt records in September. This is a fantastic song, with lyrical content reminiscent of the Decembrists, but sonically, the song has all of Nick Cave's dark brooding swagger, a hint of the melodocism of a Leonard Cohen, and something of the swirl of the Flaming Lips. This is really promising stuff. Oh, and I will admit it. This time, the Aussie was intentional. I figure if I got this far, I can finish it out.

[Buy the album, Strange Bird from Spinart in September!]






The HornRimJobs - Alice's Livejournal - This song was reccomended to me by the awesome Largehearted Boy, over at the newly opened Last Plane to Jakarta Forums. The Hornrimjobs are a "spoken word emo" duo from Lincoln, Nebraska. This song is, quite obviously about Livejournal. And of course, true to form, it is VERY VERY EMO. It's also funny as hell. How can you top a line like He was wearing khakis for christs sake!?

[Download the Vegan Brownies EP from the bands website!]



And do you people honestly mean to tell me that not a one of you wnats a TTIKTDA mix CD?

Honestly? There's like 1000 of you reading this blog every day.... Speak up folks!

12 Comments:

At 8/06/2004 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Nitpicker said...

Um, I'm down with a mix CD if no one else is...

 
At 8/06/2004 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Ziee said...

I totally want one.

 
At 8/06/2004 11:54:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See the post below for instructions on how to get a mix.

and be sure to leave some way for me to contact you!


--Keith, from a public comp.

 
At 8/06/2004 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking as a livejournal user, that HornRimJobs track is a crackup. The LJ scene is nothing if not EMO to the core, even in the case of LJ users who've never heard the term. Just check my "friends" page if you don't believe me.....

April 13th, 2003: At first I found the sucide attempts endearing, maybe even cute. But now it's getting old. Today, when Seth found out that the organic food store doesn't sell chai anymore, he tried to slice his wrists with a Get-Up Kids seven-inch. Does he really want that to be the last straw? We're all struggling with the pain of an average suburban upbringing...no reason to out-dramaqueen the rest of us. HA.

And Augie March. I agree, it's a good song. I've been hearing about that band from my Aussie and Kiwi friends for a few years now. Good to see they've finally managed to get stateside.

So yeah, if you're still looking for mix cd correspondents...sign me up, I'd love a TTIKTDA mix in my collection. readyrockrex@gmail.com

cheers! moebius rex.

 
At 8/06/2004 11:31:00 PM, Blogger petrol said...

holy crap a TTIKTDA mix CD!!! count me in bigtime ^_^
email foogu-at-hotpop-dot-com. thankyou in advance (:

(I must've been in a coma. Just now that I heard about this.)

 
At 8/07/2004 01:00:00 AM, Blogger Keith said...

Petrol, Moe, I'm sorry, but I've already got 4 folks. Consider yourselves as having dibs when/if I do another round.

 
At 8/07/2004 05:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Augie March are by no means new - not to us down under anyway.
While 'Strange Bird' was a good album, if possible I have to recommend anyone who likes the track posted they beg/steal/borrow/import a copy of debut LP 'Sunset Studies' which is highly acclaimed and quite possibly one of the greatest local releases dare I say ever.
I take heart knowing that the boys are finally getting an international release.

Chelsea

 
At 8/07/2004 12:14:00 PM, Blogger Mark Krugman said...

i'd love a mix cd

 
At 8/08/2004 03:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please count me in! justask at gmail.com is how to find me. well, one of many ways, but let's start with that one and i'll tell you anything else you need to know when i hear back. yay!

 
At 8/08/2004 07:47:00 AM, Blogger yet another indie disco said...

i'd love to get one, but since i live in germany this would be a quiet expensive mix-cd for you. maybe i'll make one in return, so everything's fine...

 
At 8/08/2004 07:49:00 AM, Blogger yet another indie disco said...

and that'll be one copy for waldar at hotpop dot com

 
At 8/13/2004 01:04:00 AM, Blogger John said...

Maybe I can try next time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home