Sunday, June 06, 2004

Why do you hang around?

Ok, so Keith is off to Chi-town for a week, and appointed lil ol' me to take care of things around here! And as if that wasn't coo enough, he totally filled me in on the fact that the new Polyphonic Spree has leaked. And it's awesome.

But let me be clear about something.

Anyone who loves the Spree and has witnessed the unfiltered genius of their live show knows one thing: despite the music, the magic and the harp player, boys be poor. Try dividing your paycheck by 23 sometime. Not fun. So, as it states in that little sidebar there, these MP3s are for sampling purposes only. When Together We're Heavy drops in a few weeks, do yourself and the Spree a big favor, and buy it.

Polyphonic Spree - Section 11 (A Long Day Continues/We Sound Amazed)
Polyphonic Spree - Section 12 (Hold Me Now)
Polyphonic Spree - Section 14 (Two Thousand Places)

It seems as if Spree front man Tim Delaughter kept his promise that the new album would capture the essence of their live show way better than the first LP, The Beginning Stages of... The Polyphonic Spree [Buy it here via amazon.com]. It should be a real treat for any joycore/power pop/poison Kool-aid fan.

6 Comments:

At 6/06/2004 04:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those are really great, thanks. I think I'll be getting my hands on this as soon as I can round up some cash (well, after it is actually released, I guess.)

 
At 6/07/2004 12:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay cameron! i'm sad i haven't had a chance to see them live yet. i wasn't going to shell out for the million dollar bowie concert that came to ottawa, even for the robed wonders who opened :(

 
At 6/07/2004 01:20:00 PM, Blogger caley said...

I was never quite blown away by the Spree by that "Hold Me Now" song is really great, thanks!

 
At 6/10/2004 08:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They're poor... so don't steal their songs, like I just did in order to keep people coming to my blog where I give away other people's music!"

Right.

 
At 6/15/2004 09:03:00 PM, Blogger Z* said...

erm, he did just say they were for a taster. I doubt very much that this post will stop people buying the new album. If you don't agree with it don't visit.

 
At 7/08/2004 03:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crud. i really wanted the hold me now song, but it doesn't work anymore on your website. anywhere else i can get it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home