Friday, February 27, 2004

I've been a baaaad baaad blogger.

Sporadic updates is bad for trying to sustain a fragile and new readership, I know.

By way of apology, I offer you 3 MP3's to get you through the weekend.

The Beach Boys - Heroes and Villains Part 2 - What with all the buzz everywhere about the upcoming release of Smile it seemed right to dig into the old collection and pull up a track off of the album that might yet be. This is probably my favorite song off of the album - for it's harmonies, it's looped out wierdness, and the utterly disarming pastiche of Americana that Wilson weaves through the whole thing - the track is from an old fan assembled bootleg.

PS If anyone has tips about where to get a boot from the London performance last week - it would be much appreciated. There are times I really really miss soulseek.

Muse - Apocalypse Please Posted by request after a tip from Ultragrrl, I'm struck by the fact that it sounds like some baroque, beautiful, melodic twist on At The Drive In - all the urgency, none of the noise. I like.

World/Inferno Friendship Society - Just The Best Party The W/IFS are a NY Based Ska band that shows some heavy cabaret, klezmer, and goth influences - good original ska is something that, until recently, I thought hadn't existed since the mid 90's. That said, good original ska, when found, is quite close to the best stuff on earth. And fuck the hipsters who've got a problem with that. You need to learn to dance. This track is off of their live album, recorded Halloween 2003 in Brooklyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home